The best way to describe what Motopi does is through the following Chinese proverb:
"Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day.
Teach a man to fish and you feed him for a lifetime".
At Motopi, we believe that there is a third element to this approach:
"Help a man to secure a market for his fish and you'll feed his family for generations to come..."
Through the BBBEE framework, Motopi assists communities by helping corporates to use:
- Socio-Economic Development to feed communities
(for immediate/short-term relief)
- Enterprise Development to teach communities how to fish
- Preferential Procurement to allow communities the opportunity to sell their fish at a fair price (find a market for the fish)
This is all under-pinned by a strong strategic focus to ensure sustainability and mutual benefit. This approach adheres to the principles of 'self-help community development' and asset based community development, which aim to build autonomy and self-reliance amongst citizens, through community-led development that focuses on what the community has, as opposed to what they do not have or what they need.
This is aligned with the Department of Social Development's Community Capacity Enhancement approach.
Quick facts about
- 100% black female owned company
(Level 3 BBBEE contributor)
- Beneficiary of Enterprise Development
- Services offered:
- Cause-related marketing
- Support with the "indirect empowerment" BBBEE codes - Preferential Procurement, Enterprise Development, Socio-Economic Development
- Corporate Social Investment strategy and implementation
- Marketing/brand strategy and implementation support
- The owner has experience in Marketing Strategy (+7 years - Unilever, Vodacom, GlaxoSmithKline), CSR and SED strategy and Implementation (with special focus on employee engagement), Enterprise Development strategy and implementation, Preferential Procurement audit, strategy and implementation